The Rutland Area Food Co-op is governed by a board of directors who are elected by the
member-owners. The board is accountable to the owners for the activities and
accomplishments of the store.
Specifically, it is responsible for:
● Interacting with the owners to understand their values and vision for the store
● Developing, applying, and revising a body of policies that guide the store in achieving
outcomes that are consistent with the owners’ values and vision
● Ensuring that management achieves the goals set by the board and that the board
operates according to its established processes
Being a Board Member- At A Glance
- Attend meetings which are currently held at 6:30pm on the 4th Thursday of each month
- Monthly time commitment is between 3-6 hours, which includes meetings
- Participate in periodic RAFC workdays on a volunteer basis
- Contribute to special projects through committee work
- Directors serve 2-year terms, with a limit of up to 3 consecutive terms
Becoming a Board Member
To learn more about becoming a Rutland Area Food Coop Board Member please contact the
Board at email@example.com.
To apply, please complete the application form. At that time, candidates will be invited to the next Board Meeting as a guest. After a candidate both completes the application and attends a meeting, the serving Board of Directors will vote on the candidate. If a candidate’s application coincides with our Annual Meeting, member-owners will vote on that candidate.